2. Types of Information Collected
We may collect personal information from you including, without limitation, non-public information about you that helps Cal’s Angels identify you, such as first and last name, organization name, birth date, email address, home and business addresses, telephone number, credit or debit card information, billing address, and other non-public information. We may also collect personal information about you including, without limitation, medical and family information, from hospitals or medical providers that have confirmed to us they have received consent from you for such disclosure.
We may collect non-personal information about your use of the Site such as your IP address, usage statistics, browsing history, country location, type of computer operating system you use (e.g., Microsoft Windows or Mac OS), the type of browser you use (e.g., Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer), and the domain name of your internet service provider.
3. How We Collect Information
We may collect personal information from you when you:
• Sign up to receive announcements or newsletters;
• Sign up to participate in or donate to runs, marathons, or other activities;
• Make a donation or contribution to Cal’s Angels;
• Sign up or attend events;
• Purchase any goods on the Site;
• Submit a grant or support service proposal or sign up to receive a grant or support services; and
• Communicate with Cal’s Angels via email or offline. Personal information collected by Cal’s Angels may be stored and processed in the United States in accordance with the laws of the United States. By using the website and submitting your personal information to Cal’s Angels offline, you expressly consent to the storage and processing of your personal information in the United States or elsewhere in accordance with the laws of the United States.
Cal’s Angels automatically receives and records non-personal information on our server logs from your browser as well as through other analysis of the Site. We also may collect information using cookies, web beacons or similar technologies, or through third parties using similar technologies. A cookie is a piece of data stored on your computer. When you visit the Cal’s Angels website, your web browser may store cookies on your computer, which will better enable you to navigate the website upon return. You may use the website even if you choose to reject or delete the cookies. Cookies also may be used by some of the other websites for which a link is placed on the Cal’s Angels website.
4. How We Use Your Information
We may use the information we collect:
• To process and respond to your requests and inquiries and provide services to you.
• To alert you to new developments, special events, programs, runs, marathons, grants, support services, products or services.
• To send announcements and newsletters, and to provide you with personalized content in the newsletters.
• For the purposes for which you provided the information.
• To monitor and analyze information regarding your browsing and viewing preferences and to diagnose problems of the website.
• To analyze our users’ demographics and interests.
• For administration and improvement of the website and to enhance the user experience.
• For fraud prevention, internal operations, legal compliance, and other public purposes.
In the case of personal information about you provided to us by hospitals or medical providers, we may use such information in the ways we are informed by the hospital or medical provider you have permitted.
5. Communications with You
You authorize Cal’s Angels to transmit email to you or telephone you to respond to your communications, and provide information to you about new developments, special events, programs, runs, marathons, grants, support services, products and services.
You have the option to not receive further promotional communications from Cal’s Angels. to unsubscribe, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, mail to the postal address 2422 W. Main Street, Unit 3B St. Charles, IL 60175, or call us at (847) 960-5317. Please note that unsubscribe requests may take up to ten (10) days to become effective.
6. Information Sharing with Third Parties
Except as provided below, Cal’s Angels does not share the information it collects from you with others without your permission.
We do not disclose or sell personal information of our donors with any third party.
Cal’s Angels may disclose the information it collects to others:
(ii) to confirm or update information provided by you, including by combining information you provide with information from other services such as public records;
(iii) in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or disposition of all or any portion of Cal’s Angels’ business or operations (including without limitation in connection with bankruptcy or any similar proceedings);
(iv) as otherwise authorized by you; or
(v)in the case of personal information about you provided to us by hospitals or medical providers, for the purposes we are informed by the hospital or medical provider you have permitted.
We also may share your information in response to a subpoena or legal order, when we believe you have acted in violation of the Terms, to investigate, prevent or take action regarding suspected illegal activities, fraud or potential threats, or exercise legal rights or defend against claims, when we believe that doing so may protect your safety or the safety of Cal’s Angels or others, or as otherwise permitted or required by law.
Cal’s Angels does not knowingly collect personal information from children under age 13. If you are under age 13, you are not permitted to use the website or to submit any personal information to tCal’s Angels offline or on the website. If you are between 13 and 17 years of age, you may visit the website but you may not submit any personal information. If we become aware that a user is under age 18 and has provided personal information, we will take steps to remove his or her personal information from our files. If you are a parent or guardian and believe Cal’s Angels may have inadvertently collected personal information from your child, please notify Cal’s Angels immediately by sending an email to email@example.com.
In the case of personal information about you provided to us by hospitals or medical providers, such information may be collected about children under the age of 17 with their parent or legal guardian’s consent, if we have received confirmation from the hospitals or medical providers that such information was collected with the parent or legal guardian’s consent.
8. Protection of Personal Information
Cal’s Angels uses reasonable administrative, physical and electronic security measures to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal information. No transmission of data over the internet is guaranteed to be completely secure. It may be possible for third parties not under the control of Cal’s Angels to intercept or access transmissions or private communications unlawfully. While we strive to protect personal information, neither Cal’s Angels nor our service providers can ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us over the internet. Any such transmission is at your own risk.